Location: Fort Worth, Texas
888-870-0025 (Toll Free)
Email: Contact Us
Steve Jumes is one of the most sought after asset forfeiture attorneys in the United States. A business or individual targeted in a seizure or forfeiture matter is typically targeted simultaneously in a criminal investigation/prosecution. Mr. Jumes often represents clients in asset forfeiture cases and parallel white collar criminal investigations/prosecutions. On other occasions, he is engaged by white collar defense attorneys to handle the asset seizure or asset forfeiture case so that the defense attorney can focus on defending the criminal investigation/prosecution.
Prior to joining Brown, PC, Mr. Jumes was an Assistant United States Attorney and a U.S. Department of Justice Asset Forfeiture Attorney. His government experience has given him great insight into the strategies and tactics used by prosecutors and agents in asset seizure and forfeiture matters. Mr. Jumes brings this insider’s understanding of the opponent’s game plan to the table each time he represents a client in an asset forfeiture case.
Before joining the U.S. Attorney’s office, Mr. Jumes was an Assistant District Attorney in Tarrant and Dallas counties, where he handled many high profile prosecutions including public corruption and homicide cases.
Between his time as an Assistant District Attorney at Tarrant and Dallas counties, Mr. Jumes worked as a financial advisor at UBS, where his licenses included the Series 7. In his position at UBS, Mr. Jumes advised clients regarding wealth management and assisted managers with legal compliance and regulatory matters. His insight into the inner workings of financial institutions gained at UBS is an advantage in seizure and forfeiture cases.
Areas of Practice
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Tax Controversy and Tax Litigation
- IRS Voluntary Disclosure
- IRS Collection Matters
- Asset Forfeiture
- Offshore/International Tax Disputes
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 1996
- University of Texas - 1993
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Honors: Member, University of Texas Speech and Forensics Team
Honors and Awards
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Director's Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyer's Association
- State Bar of Texas, Criminal Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Board of Legal Specialization, Criminal Section, Member
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Department of Justice United States Attorney's Office, Trial Attorney
- Award Tax Preparation Service
- Dallas County District Attorney's Office
- UBS Financial Services, Inc.
- Tarrant County District Attorney's Office